Dandenong LOGIS is Victoria’s first integrated eco-industrial business park which set new benchmarks for quality and sustainability in industrial developments. At the same time, LOGIS broke records for the value of industrial land in Melbourne’s South-east.
To partner with landowner, Melbourne Water, to convert a highly contaminated 154ha former Southern Water Treatment Plant into Victoria’s first eco-industrial business park, bringing new levels of design and amenity and environmentally sustainable initiatives to the industrial business park market.
The key responsibilities for the engagement included:
- leading the VicUrban team which formulated, planned, designed and delivered the LOGIS project;
- working with Melbourne Water, who undertook the decontamination, to create an integrated remediation and development plan;
- undertaking the economic analysis, market positioning and full business case regarding LOGIS to justify VicUrban and Melbourne Water investing in the LOGIS project; and
- formulating, research and implementation of the various environmentally sustainable initiatives for the Project including:
• the provision of Class A recycled water and third pipe infrastructure to every lot;
- the provision of Class A recycled water and third pipe infrastructure to every lot;
- T5 low energy lighting throughout the development; and
- design guidelines for all buildings constructed on site to ensure water harvesting and other environmental initiatives were integrated into every building.
Where it’s at
All of LOGIS South (approx 34ha south of Greens Road) and all of LOGIS North (approx 120ha north of Greens Road) have been sold ahead of schedule. LOGIS has broken records for the value of industrial land in Melbourne’s south-east.
What’s been achieved
- All of the environmental and amenity objectives for LOGIS mentioned above have been delivered.
- LOGIS has achieved record high prices for industrial land in the South East of Melbourne, proving that quality amenity and differentiation through the environmental leadership could work.
- LOGIS has attracted a premium list of international and national organisations to invest in the Project and its objectives – including Kraft Foods, Ascent Pharmceuticals, Cabrini Health and Mercury Marine.
- LOGIS won the UDIA Awards for Excellence – Environmental Excellence Award in December 2013.